You've been writing for years. Secretly hiding your work because you're not sure if it's any good. You suspect people will laugh if they know the real you. The writer. You're too scared to show anyone your work ... what if they hate it? What if it sucks? But you just can't stop writing! It's like breathing.
You might be a person who has always wanted to write but you don't know where to start? Or how? Or you didn't know you wanted to write but now, you've got something you want to say. To tell people.
Or perhaps, you've studied writing. Maybe you even have a degree, but it's not the sort of writing you want to do. You're desperate to get some stimulation for the creative writing process. To tap into your psyche to release some truly amazing stories.
Or your circumstances have changed and you want to try something new. Need to try something new! Explore a different aspect of yourself. Want to prove something to yourself. Or you have simply tried everything else.
Whatever the reason, I can help you explore, discover, uncover and expand the writer within.
Did you know that writing is skill just like cooking, or carpentry. You need to learn the basics. There are rules and tricks and devises to make your writing more dynamic. To make your words leap off the page and grab the writer by the throat so they can't help but read the next sentence, or turn the page!
But it's more than just skills. You need to have the courage to let go, to delve deeply into your emotions. To question, to listen, to feel, to taste, to immerse yourself in your writing for it to be truly amazing. In order to do that, you need to feel nurtured, inspired. You need to trust both the teacher, your fellow writers and yourself.
That's what I'm really about. Inspiring you to write.
How it works:
- We will begin the session in a relaxed atmosphere to discuss the topic for the week. I will share my knowledge on a particular topic/theme, then we will discuss the topic, expand those ideas.
- We will read from other authors, and discuss their work. Their techniques/styles.
- We will listen to music, look at art, taste, smell, touch, stimulate our senses to achieve the best writing we can.
- Some weeks we will do some writing exercises. Depending on what YOU want.
- You will always write for about half an hour without interruption ... simply putting pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard if you prefer. (Bring your own device).
- Then you will read your work aloud. This can be very intimidating at first, but feedback and sharing ideas is paramount to the success of any writer.
- You may chose to further expand that writing during the week. If so, I can be of further assistance.
Rear 351 Hampton Street,
ENTER VIA WILLIS LANE.
Thursday evening. 7.30 - 9.00
$20 per week.
Classes limited to 10 people.
Please call: Leeanne 0419 357 871 to discuss your enrolment.